Family medicine is about more than just an annual physical.
Of course, preventive care is a good place to start when it comes to seeing a primary care doctor. But there’s much more to it. The health professionals at Favia Primary Care in Algonquin, Illinois want to be the provider you turn to for any immediate health concern – whether that’s a stomachache or the flu, sports injury or arthritis pain, heart or lung issues, or bouts of anxiety or insomnia.
Board-certified family medicine practitioner Dr. Philip Favia sees patients of all ages for all manner of issues. Dr. Favia has found that building a long-term rapport with his patients allows him to offer the most appropriate health care specific to each person. He is often able to get to the bottom of symptoms that may stump a provider less familiar with the patient – but don’t take our word for it; read what our patients say.
Dr. Philip Favia provides the following types of family care at his office:
- Immunizations for children and adults
- Physicals – Annual preventive screenings for adults and children including for sports and school
- Care for acute illnesses such as cold, flu, sinus infections, stomach flu, strep throat, nausea and vomiting, urinary tract infections
- Disease management for chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, COPD, asthma, depression
- Routine gynecological exams
- Diagnostic testing, including blood draws, ultrasounds, electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG), and spirometry (a lung-function pulmonary test)
- Cryotherapy for removal of warts and appropriate skin lesions
- Family planning (contraception)
- Medically supervised weight loss and management
We will direct our patients to the most appropriate specialist in situations that require a specialist’s care.
Primary Care Physician in Algonquin and Crystal Lake, IL
You deserve a primary care physician who takes the time to listen and evaluate your unique situation before recommending a course of action. Call Favia Primary Care at (815) 276-0150 or use our convenient online form to request an appointment with Dr. Philip Favia.